Our Mission Statement
Conscious of our need to respect the earth and God’s people,
we aim to be an open, friendly and prayerful Community,
centred in God and in the spirit of our Foundress, Catherine McAuley.
We strive to reflect God’s caring presence to all.
In 1945, Fr Cuthbert Clifford drew the Hull Community’s attention to the For Sale notice on a house in South Crescent Road, Filey, which might prove suitable for Sister’s holidays. The purchase was made, necessary renovations (following the use as a Convalescent Home for sick Soldiers) and alterations carried out; a Chapel was built adjacent to and linked with the house.
For over three decades, from Easter to September, groups of Sisters from Hull and its branch houses enjoyed a welcome break in Filey. In the late 70’s with greater opportunities for Sisters to spend their holidays with their families, there was a falling-off in the use of the Filey Convent for its original purpose. As the trend continued into the 80’s, the house was made available, whenever feasible, for a variety of meetings and for use by members of Sisters’ families and friends.
Today our Community consists of Sisters Anne, Christina, Monica and Zita.
Our current ministries include:
Our Parish ministry includes: